Sunday, January 23, 2011
Have been moving along on several projects to get them closer to finished. First is the Dresden plates. I have them in their final set. THe first set I showed was too busy and a few blocks were elminated. Then I did the border. Since I seldom buy yardage, I often piece borders. This time I used a plaid and a stripe. Now I need to find the two missing half blocks of background fabric. I had them in my hands last week, but they were put somewhere I could find them...not. They will turn up soon and I must remember patience is a virtue.
I have a final set for my quilt along blocks. Alternate blocks of Lemoyne Stars that appear to float on the block. The edges will have the half stars as shown in the picture. It has gone from lap size to bed size, but this is the way I like it. More work than I expected, but thats OK too. It also looks less like a K.Fassett quilt as it plays down his fabrics.
This top made in early 2010 is now basted and ready to finish. When done it will be given away. I am in the mood to have something finished. The new project bug has not bitten and I am taking advantage of it to just keep moving along.